Viking ventilation Appliance Questions
Is the rail option available on all hoods?
The rail option, which is offered in chrome, is available
on all Professional 10"H. and 18"H. hoods, and on Professional Classic Chimney hoods.
Are there any safety measures built into Viking hoods?
All Viking hoods come equipped with a special heat
sensor. If the temperature underneath your hood reaches 165°F, the ventilator automatically adjusts to full power. Once the temperature falls below 147°F, the ventilator returns to the previous
Can my Viking hood be vented horizontally from the back of the hood?
Only Viking microwave hoods are capable of horizontal
ventilation from the rear.
Refrigeration Appliance Questions
In Refrigerators with Ice Dispensers, what types of ice does the dispenser serve?
The dispenser serves cubed and crushed ice, along with chilled water.
How many bottles of wine can be stored in the Beverage Center (VBCI)?
The 15” wide model holds 8 bottles, and the 24” wide
model holds 16.
What types of items can be stored in the Viking Undercounter Refrigeration Products?
The beverage center is a perfect place to store soda, water, beer and wine. Because of the low temperature range in the Undercounter Refrigerators and Refrigerated Drawers, food and
beverages can be stored.
TOP LOAD WASHER FILLS BUT WILL NOT AGITATE
To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
If the washer stops after filling, check the house circuit breaker/fuse as well as the outlet and plug. Washers should be plugged into their own separate outlet. If it is not a power supply issue,
check the following:
- Newer top-load washers are designed to operate much quieter than a typical washer. To test to see if it is agitating:
- Open the lid and place a new article of clothing in the washer and note its position.
- Close the lid.
- Let the washer run for a minute or two and open the lid. If the agitator is working properly, the article of clothing should have moved around in the
- If the washer is not agitating, you may need to reset your washer motor. If your washer senses a power spike, unbalanced load, or disruption in power it will send
a fault code to your motor and may require the motor to be reset:
- Unplug the washer for 1 minute from the electrical outlet.
- Plug the washer back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times within a 12 second period.
- You have 30 seconds to start lifting and lowering the lid. The lid must be raised a minimum of 2” ensure the magnetic connection on the lid is interrupted. Make
sure you close the lid completely each time.
- The motor has now been reset and is ready for you to start a cycle.
- On newer washers, it takes about 20-30 seconds for the machine to sense the load and engage the drive system after the water has stopped filling.
- Make sure the washer lid is down. The washer will not agitate or spin with the lid up, though many models will still fill and drain and the timer will
- Most models have either a lid switch probe or a magnet on the lid that activates the lid switch when the lid is closed. If missing or damaged, the washer will not
agitate or spin, even with the lid closed.
- Lid switch probe: A small plastic piece that fits into a hole in the bottom right side of the open lid.
- Magnet: Plastic coated magnet that is fastened with two screws in the top right side of the open lid.
- The washer cycle could have been stopped or paused by accident. Make sure the Start/Stop or Pause button was not pushed, or that the timer knob was not pushed
- Check the cycle selection to make sure it is not in a soak cycle. Some models have soak cycles that may be selected for 15 or 30 minutes prior to the main wash.
See the Owner's Manual for information on your model.
- Check the speed selector switch. Make sure it is pointing at the speed, not stuck in the middle. Turn the switch to the correct speed and try again.
- If the washer is stored in below freezing temperatures, water in the pump can freeze and lock the motor. Allow time to thaw, and start the washer again.
- If CAnCELEd ("canceled") scrolling on control panel or the two furthest lights are flashing (2015 and newer
models): This indicates that an error has occurred. Select Drain & Spin and press Start, this will attempt to clear the error. If problems persist, disconnect power to the washer for 1 minute,
reconnect and retry by either re-starting your previous wash cycle settings and press Start or select Drain & Spin and press Start.
If the above suggestions do not correct the situation, service will be required. To schedule a service appointment, please contact American Service 516 997 5599 or schedule online here